Presently I am cataloguing the Tenth edition of, ‘The Gentleman’s Stable Directory;Or, Modern System of Farriery.’ Undated but Circa 1790. Period quarter calf with marbled boards and as one can see from the images text from the paper used by the printer is showing through the faded marbling. There is no reference that I can find in the usual bibliographies. Searching the internet the term overmarbling is evident but mostly relating to marbling over previously marbled paper, not text. I would like to find a more suitable term for this situation and would welcome suggestions.